Are you looking to become an associate or accredited member of the BDMA as an individual or in a corporate capacity?
Find the correct route below to best match your situation.
What best describes your area of activity?
1. I work for a damage management, building & construction or similar company where I am directly involved in property restoration including stabilisation, cleaning, decontamination, drying and reinstatement activities and:
2. I work for an insurer, loss adjuster or insurance broker.
Your appropriate category is Insurance Technician.
3. I work for a company within the wider damage management sector or wider insurance industry, including property supply chain, but do not carry out specific damage management or reinstatement works.
Your appropriate category is Claims Practitioner.
4. I work primarily in specialist areas of restoration such as documents, fine art, antique furniture, french polishing, electronics, etc., (specialist activities carried out by damage management and general building contractors are not included under this heading).
Your appropriate category is Specialist Affiliate.
5. None of the above.
Fill out our form to tell us more information and we will advise an appropriate route specific to your circumstances.
1. The company wishes to align itself with the BDMA but is not aiming for accredited corporate membership.
You should apply for Corporate Associate.
2. The company is interested in achieving accredited Corporate Membership.
Check if you meet the criteria for this category.
3. The company carries out both core damage management activities and specialist restoration. It has staff who are accredited as BDMA Specialist Restorers, as well as accredited damage management practitioners.
Check if you meet the criteria for Specialist Corporate Membership.
4. The company primarily carries out specialist activities such as restoration of documents, fine art, antique furniture, french polishing, electronics, etc., (specialist activities carried out by damage management and general building contractors are not included under this heading) and wishes to gain an appropriate accreditation.
Check if you meet the criteria for Corporate Specialist Affiliate.