THE LATEST INFORMATION ON CURRENT AND ONGOING INCIDENTS
During major incidents such as flooding, fires or other disruptive events, the latest information and regular updates will be posted here.
STORM DORIS – (23 February 2017)
Latest information across the UK from the BBC LIVE STREAM
The Live Stream ended at 19:03 on 23 February. You can view the sequence of events via the above link for a limited period.
RISK OF TIDAL FLOODING – EAST COAST (13-14 January 2017)
No significant flooding occurred during the storm surge and this is no longer of concern
Information is constantly updated by the main agencies.
ADVICE AND GUIDANCE FOR PROPERTY OWNERS is available on the ABI website
Flood Warnings for England, shown on our Home page, are always current
and link directly to the Environment Agency for full details
THE BBC LIVE STREAM ENDED at 05:10 am on 14 January
Status report from the BBC at 05:10 am 14 January:
Storm surge updates: Here’s what happened
- Most places have escaped the predicted flooding as a change in wind direction meant the high tide and tidal surge did not hit at the same time.
- Residents evacuated in Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk are being advised they can return to their homes.
- Seventeen severe flood warnings remain in place.
- Forecasters predict another cold day is in store for most of the UK with a chilly north-westerly wind.
- It will stay dry and sunny for most, but wintry showers will blow into Wales and the south-west, soon turning to rain. Some snow showers may affect the far east of the country.